Thursday 18 February 2010

An Elephant Never Forgets...

Here's the card I made for my Aunty's birthday because she absolutely adores them:




With matching envelope:





I've used an elephant decoupage & matching backing paper from The Papercraft Tutor, although it seems to have been taken off the site now (Rita the designer has to take some things off to put new stuff on - maybe you could email her if you wanted to get the file?)

I have used some mulberry paper that I have never known quite what to do with until I saw the latest edition of Papercraft Inspirations magazine where it tells you how to tear the paper after wetting along the lines with a paintbrush. The wire wording was done by me and attached using nylon thread sewn around the wire and held on the back of the card with a bead (if anyone has a better way please shout up...glue didn't work either)! I LOVE writing with wire...look out for some name cards coming up (I did a whole batch while half-watching a film the other night). 4 little brads around the decoupage for decoration.

Challenges I'm entering:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #54 - All About Me
Cute Card Thursday #100 - Metal Mania

UPDATE: Rita at The PaperCraft Tutor has just emailed me to say that she will be putting the elephant decoupage set back on the site for a week or so in case anyone wants to download it. Go and have a look - there are some great ideas!

2 comments:

Dee Jackson said...

Beautiful!! I collect elephants and this is just wonderful!! Thank you for playing FTTC54 this week.

Annie said...

fabulous card for your Aunty and love the metal embellishment. thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x